The guards of MRT North EDSA station is under fire after a netizen has expressed her disappointment when her son, who is a Person With Disability (PWD) was not allowed to enter the station and ride the train.
Not only that, he was also accused of sporting a fake PWD I.D. by both guards on duty.
My son, a PWD with learning disability was denied entry and accused of using fake PWD ID. The incident took place at MRT3 North Edsa-Trinoma station last October 26, 2018, Friday at around 1:00pm, south bound to Taft station. The guards on-duty, one female and one male even tried to confiscate the PWD ID. My son behaved differently since then, which I suppose was due to the embarrassing situation he went through.
Shirley Iyulores said that her son takes the train to attend training sessions at the College of St. Benilde since a few months ago and was even issued a PWD Beep card. The guards at the MRT did not acknowledge both the said card and his I.D.
My son takes either LRT or MRT to attend training sessions for PWD at the College of St. Benilde since June this year. In fact he was issued a PWD beep card. He even showed it to your security staff but they ignored it. To accuse my son of faking an ID and the staff’s failure to recognize his special MRT beep card is preposterous and downright insensitive.
The netizen ended her status by questioning how the institution trains their security when it comes to dealing with PWD.
How did you train your security personnel in dealing with PWDs? It seems to be limited in physical disabilities only. Aren’t they aware of cases like ADHD, autism and the like?
My son went thru a very humiliating experience only because of the ignorance of your staff.
DOTr MRT-3 Autism Society Philippines
Netizens expressed their disappointment in the comments section. A certain Sophia Allyana Torres shared her experience that the guards even questioned her when she said she was pregnant.
Department of Transportation (DOTr) has released a statement regarding the incident. According to the statement of the Kaizen Security Agency, the PWD presented the guards a photocopy of the I.D, claiming that he left the original one at home, resulting to the guards reminding him to bring the original one next time, however, the PWD decided to leave.
They then reminded everyone that it is common for people to have fake IDs.
“While we do not intend to embarrass the bearers of valid PWD IDs, we note that cases of fake IDs being presented by some passengers in MRT-3 are not uncommon, which is why our security personnel are keen on scrutinizing the authenticity of an ID presented by a passenger as issued by LGUs, OSCA, and other authorized agencies.
To avoid and deter passengers from taking advantage of the privilege afforded to legitimate senior citizens, PWD(s), pregnant women, and passengers with children, our security personnel would routinely ask for an additional government-issued ID to validate the senior citizen or PWD ID presented.”
DOTr MRT-3 Press Statement5 November 2018This pertains to an incident involving two Kaizen security personnel on duty…
Iyulores said that she is currently waiting for the investigation report regarding her complaint.
The Duterte administration’s Metro Manila Subway project is finally starting by mid-December. This was months after the Philippine and Japan governments have signed the load agreement.
In a news forum in Pasay on Wednesday, the Department of Transportation (DOT) showed slide presentations of the groundbreaking project that has been set for December 19, 2018.
According to Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, the December date is really the target of the start of the construction.
“‘Yung date napagkasunduan na po ‘yan, at talagang gusto na ho namin mag groundbreaking sa Disyembre—eto ho ‘yung target namin.”
It is going to be the initial phase of the project that will be covering the first three stations of the upcoming Metro Manila Subway. These will be stations in Mindanao Avenue-Quirino Highway, Tandang Sora, and North Avenue.
It is expected to start operating on May 2022.
But the DOT reminded everyone that the December date is the goal, however, it may be moved to Januart 2019.
“May iniisip kaming gagawin sa groundbreakinhg. Kung hindi mangyayari ‘yung iniisip naming gagawin sa groundbreaking dahil magdadala ng mga tinatawag na boring machine, baka ipagpaliban pa sa Enero.”
Aside from the said stations, the ones in Valenzuela City and the Philippine Railway Institute are also set to begin construction in December.
TAGS: Arthur Tugade, Department of Transportation, Duterte Administration, Metro Manila Subway, Mindanao Avenue, North Avenue, Philippine Railway Institute, Quirino Highway, Tandang Sora, Valenzuela City
ACTS-OFW Rep. Aniceto “John” Bertiz III drew flak online on Saturday as he was caught disobeying the security protocol at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
The video was uploaded by a Facebook page named Bitcoin 101 who credited it to the NAIA airport police. It showed Bertiz ignoring the personnel and refusing to remove his shoes.
He then went back to the staff manning the metal detector and shoved what looks like an ID in front of the latter’s face.
He then lashed out at the staff and took the man’s ID before walking off.
Last week, the congressman also went viral for joking that a new batch of agricultural and biosystems engineers will not get their licenses from the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) if they are not familiar with Special Assistant to the President Bong Go, who was supposed to speak at their oath-taking ceremony.
In a phone interview with ABS-CBN News, he claimed that he saw the personnel let Chinese nationals not follow the protocol, which angered him. He also accused the uploaders of splicing the video.
“Bakit ‘yun pinalampas mo? Ang tanong ko lang, may ilang dumaan na, ‘yung iba escorted, mga Korean at Chinese na diretso lang. Pero ang slip-on shoes nila di sinisita.
“They spliced the video, ang gusto lang nila makita.”
In a statement released on Monday, October 1, the congressman apologized for his actions.
“There is absolutely no justification for the way I conducted myself. I sincerely apologize not only to the security assistant that I confronted, but also to the public for my actions.
“I offer my sincere apology to the public for being impulsive on what had happened during my course with NAIA staff. Though I have my own reason and explanation for what I have done, I also take cognizance of my action that as representative of OFWs and of millions of Filipino people, I should act diligently in conformity with the ethical standard of a public official. Rest assured that every mistake will be bridge to articulate genuine public service.
“I have also asked MIAA General Manager Ed Monreal not to take any action against the security checker in the incident.”
Bertiz ‘definitely’ violated protocols.
Office for Transportation Security (OTS) Administrator Art Evangelista said that there is definitely a breach of protocol that happened but he’s still waiting for President Rodrigo Duterte and Department of Transportation‘s decision regarding the issue.
“Pag pinagbasehan natin ang video, mayroon breach of protocol. Ang linaw naman eh. Kayo ba gagawin niyo ‘yun na agawan niyo ng ID yung naka-duty?
“Hindi ko pa madesisyunan ‘yan. I have to wait for the Secretary of DOTr as well as the president but definitely may violation siya.”
‘Once a year na medyo dapuan ng monthly period’.
In a press conference, Bertiz said that he’s a mere human being that gets stressed and loses his temper. He compared it to the mood swings of someone who’s having her period. “For the past three years that I’ve been a member of Congress, once a year na dapuan tayo ng monthly period.
“Hindi ko na rin maiaalis na tao lang po na marupok, umiinit ang ulo, na-i-stress din sa trabaho.
“I’m sorry, I should not have acted that way, it’s very uncalled for for a public official to act that way.”
TAGS: Aniceto "John" Bertiz III, Aniceto Bertiz III, Art Evangelista, Bertiz airport video, Department of Transportation, John Bertiz, NAIA, ninoy aquino international airport, Office for Transportation Security, President Rodrigo Duterte
Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade, together with Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar, leads the Groundbreaking Ceremony of the Southeast Metro Manila Expressway (SEMME) Section 1 at the C5 Northbound Service Road in Taguig City on January 8, 2018.
The Southeast Metro Manila Express (C6) Project is a toll road project that will run approximately 34.024 kilometers from the Skyway-FTI in Taguig City to the Batasan Complex in Quezon City.
Expected to cost PhP 31.32 billion, the project hopes to “decongest EDSA, C5 and other major arteries of Metro Manila and Rizal by providing alternate route from Parañaque to Quezon City by passing thru the developing areas of Taguig, Taytay, Antipolo, and San Mateo.”
Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade, together with Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar, leads the Groundbreaking Ceremony of the Southeast Metro Manila Expressway (SEMME) Section 1 at the C5 Northbound Service Road in Taguig City on January 8, 2018.The Southeast Metro Manila Express (C6) Project is a toll road project that will run approximately 34.024 kilometers from the Skyway-FTI in Taguig City to the Batasan Complex in Quezon City. Expected to cost PhP 31.32 billion, the project hopes to “decongest EDSA, C5 and other major arteries of Metro Manila and Rizal by providing alternate route from Parañaque to Quezon City by passing thru the developing areas of Taguig, Taytay, Antipolo, and San Mateo.”#BuildBuildBuild
Posted by Build Build Build on Sunday, January 7, 2018
Department of Transportation respects President Duterte’s decision to terminate MARINA Administrator Marcial Amaro III
The DOTr, under the leadership of Secretary Arthur Tugade, looks into the affairs and performances of all its attached agencies, and shall not, in any case, tolerate corruption and excesses in government service.
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) respects the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte to terminate the services of Marcial Quirico Amaro III as Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) administrator.
The DOTr trusts that the President’s decision is just, fair, and unprejudiced as it was based on verifiable facts and a thorough investigation.
The DOTr, under the leadership of Secretary Arthur Tugade, looks into the affairs and performances of all its attached agencies, and shall not, in any case, tolerate corruption and excesses in government service. Rest assured that the DOTr and its attached agencies and offices will be very discerning and judicious in this matter.