Ben Tulfo Archives | DailyPedia

Bitag Media ordered to return 60 million pesos, Tulfo refuses

Bitag Media ordered to return 60 million pesos, Tulfo refuses

[mashshare]
  • DOT paid Bitag Media 60 million for their advertisements to be aired on the show
  • Wanda Teo, Tulfo’s sister was the secretary of DOT at that time
  • COA flagged the deal and investigation is ongoing

Bitag is a public service program hosted by Ben Tulfo and produced by Bitag Media Unlimited Inc. It has won awards such as Best Public Service Program and Best Public Service Program Host.

Back in 2017, the Department of Tourism through PTV-4, which is a government station, paid Bitag Media 60 million pesos for an advertisement deal that included airing of Department of Tourism (DOT) ads on Tulfo’s program Kilos Pronto.

The thing that is suspicious here is that Wanda Teo, Tulfo’s sister, was the DOT secretary at the time. This breach of ethics and the controversy that followed forced Teo to resign her position.

“Sa mga nagsasabing isauli ang pera at hinihintay daw ang 60-M, mamuti na mga mata n’yo! Wala kaming isasauli!” said Tulfo a few years back.

But he also added that the reason they got paid is because they returned the money in service, and that is by airing ads.

“Malinis ho ang konsensya namin. Hindi ho kami nangungulimbat, hindi ho kami nagnanakaw ng pera sa gobyerno. Kung kami po ay binayaran, dahil po may serbisyong idinulot.”

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said that the DOJ is willing to help the OMB in investigating the deal, but that the DOJ doesn’t actually have the capability to recover the said amount.

“In any event, if the DOJ will be asked to help in the investigation, we are ready to act on our own and/or coordinate with the OMB.”

The Commission of Audit (COA) saw †the deal as suspicious last year and flagged it, which lead the OMB to start an investigation on it.

The audit body said that is is possible that Teo be held liable for graft.

“Should a graft case prosper and reach the Sandiganbayan, the recovery of the P60 million paid to Ben Tulfo’s company will be automatically part of that action,” Guevarra said.

TAGS: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

[mashshare]

Comments

DailyPedia.net is created to carry on the very purpose of writing and reading online and that is to be connected to the world.

ABOUT US
WRITE FOR US
ADVERTISE
CONTACT US

Blogmeter.Top

Tulfos will not return the 60 Million to the Government

Tulfos will not return the 60 Million to the Government

[mashshare]
  • Wanda Tulfo-Teo answered the question about whether her brothers will return the Php60 Million to the Government.
  • Teo stated that they cannot return the money as it has already been used.

Tulfo siblings insisted that they will not return the Php60 million they received from the government as payment for an advertisement deal between the Department of Tourism (DOT) and People’s Television Network Incorporated (PTV).

During the Senate hearing about the controversy on August 14, Senator Risa Hontiveros asked Wanda Tulfo-Teo if her brothers will return the money. She answered that Ben Tulfo was initially open for it, however, when Atty. Ferdinand Topacio suggested the money to be returned, she answered him that it would be difficult since it has already been spent.

Teo added that what her brother would do with the situations is no longer her decision to make.

“It was suggested by Atty Topacio – he was my lawyer before – if the money could be returned. At the time, there was so much going on already, I asked my brother if it’s possible, if they could return the money. At the end of the day, it’s up to PTV4 and my brother if they would return the money, because our payment was with PTV4.

 “Actually, my first decision was that it should not be returned. When Atty Topacio told me, I said it would be difficult because the money was used already. They already paid, and a lot was already done. But he said you have to do the ultimate sacrifice, so I told my brother and then he said, later on, my younger brother kind of agreed. At the end of the day, whether they return it or not is no longer my decision to make.”

Contradicting Topacio’s statement, Ben Tulfo said that Topacio has no right to speak for him as he is Teo’s lawyer. The siblings also said that they cannot return the money as they already have paid for the production of the said advertisement.

On the other hand, Erwin Tulfo denied his involvement on his brother’s company Bitag Media Unlimited, Inc. (BMUI) and claimed that he’s only a talent.

It can be remembered that Ben Tulfo, who is the the chief executive officer and founder of BUMI said on Facebook dated July 26, that the company obtained the money with a legitimate contract between his Kilos Pronto program and the People’s Television (PTV), which is the government’s flagship television network.

He wrote, “Anong isasauli? Maninigil pa nga kami dahil may utang pa sa’min ang principal na PTV-4 dun sa kanilang kliyente, ang DOT. Kumpleto kami sa kontrata at mga dokumento. Legal ang ginawa namin. Nai-deliver at tinrabaho namin.”

TAGS: , , , ,

[mashshare]

Comments

“Anong isasauli? Maninigil pa nga kami!” Ben Tulfo, not returning the 60M; claims the Deal was legal

“Anong isasauli? Maninigil pa nga kami!” Ben Tulfo, not returning the 60M; claims the Deal was legal

[mashshare]
  • Ben Tulfo refused to return the Php60 Million his media outlet received from an advertisement deal with the government.
  • On a Facebook post, he claimed that the deal was legal and they had papers to prove it.

Broadcaster Ben Tulfo, the brother of former Tourism Secretary Wanda Tulf0-Teo, has said that his media company will not return the Php60 million that was paid for an advertisement deal with the government.

The people demanded that his company must give back the said money as the government auditors saw a possible violation of the anti-graft law.

Image: Screengrab from BITAG July 26, 2018 Episode

Tulfo, the chief executive officer and founder of Bitag Media Unlimited, Inc. (BMUI) said on facebook dated July 26, that the company obtained the money with a legitimate contract between his Kilos Pronto program and the People’s Television (PTV), which is the government’s flagship television network.

Image: Screengrab from BITAG Live’s Facebook post

He wrote, “Anong isasauli? Maninigil pa nga kami dahil may utang pa sa’min ang principal na PTV-4 dun sa kanilang kliyente, ang DOT. Kumpleto kami sa kontrata at mga dokumento. Legal ang ginawa namin. Nai-deliver at tinrabaho namin.”

The broadcaster added that he won’t return the money even if people’s eyes turn white. “Sa mga nagsasabing isauli ang pera at hinihintay daw ang 60-M, mamuti na mga mata niyo! Wala kaming isasauli! Sa mga nagsasabing ilegal at nangulimbat kami, e’di sampahan niyo kami ng kaso, tutal nandyan naman ang COA at Ombudsman!”

The issue started in April, when Commission on Audit (COA) released their 2017 report. It was found that Teo may possibly be liable for graft after PTV 4 paid Php60 million to BMUI to air DOT advertisements. It is said that “Considering that the DOT secretary and the producer of  ‘Kilos Pronto’ are siblings, there is a possible conflict of interest, which may be a violation of Section 3(e) of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act,”.

Teo’s lawyer Ferdinand Topacio stated that the media firm will return the payment, however, Teo did quit as tourism chief right after the announcement.

TAGS: , , , , , , , ,

[mashshare]

Comments

Grandmother complains about “Eat Bulaga!” Sugod Bahay winners

Grandmother complains about “Eat Bulaga!” Sugod Bahay winners

[mashshare]
  • Elderly couple complains about the deception of Sugod Bahay winners 
  • Grandma claims that the couple pretended to own the small shack they live in to get more sympathy and cash prize from the show’s hosts

Eat Bulaga!‘s popular segment Sugod Bahay is known for helping people in need, regardless of age, gender, and social status. Whenever the hosts (Maine Mendoza, Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, and Paolo Ballesteros) drop by a barangay somewhere in the country, people tend to get excited and hopeful.

However, in a recent episode of BITAG hosted by Ben Tulfo, an elderly couple complained about Aileen and Jovito Poseran, the April 19 winners of the said segment.

According to the elderly woman, when the couple won, they introduced themselves as the owners of the small house, but it turns out that they were just pretending as the grandma is the real owner of the place.

The woman was upset not for the fact that she didn’t receive any cash prize or packages given to the couple, but what she can’t accept is the way that the couple took advantage of her old age.

As Jovito Poseran grew up in her care, the grandmother revealed that he has been quite a troublemaker ever since he was little.

In the episode of Sugod Bahay, Poseran claimed that the elderly have been mistreating them and threatening them to sleep on the streets, which the grandma denied. There have also been accounts of him being high from illegal substances and causing commotions in their area.

It turns out that the couple twisted the stories to receive more money from the hosts.

The show tried to hear from the side of the barangay officials that are said to be aware of the situation but it was said that there’s no one available to talk to them regarding the matter.

TAGS: , , , , , , , ,

[mashshare]

Comments