The much awaited ABS-CBN Ball is just around the corner, and just like any other big gathering in the entertainment industry, fans and viewers alike are looking forward to the attendees and their outfits.
So who are the ones guaranteed to make an appearance at the event?
Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez
Will Ogie bring Regine on this year’s ABS-CBN Ball? Regine’s attendance will surely fire-up her rumored transfer to ABS-CBN.
Carlo Aquino and Angelica Panganiban
Carlo and Angelica have been one of the most talked about pairs recently since they’ve reunited for their movie Exes Baggage. Aside from their numerous television guestings and appearances, you will also see them at the ABS-CBN Ball.
Yassi Pressman and Coco Martin
You can watch them every single night in the top rating teleserye FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano but aside from that, you will soon see them glam it up at the red carpet of the ABS-CBN Ball.
Maymay Entrata and Edward Barber
One of the top trending pairs of this generation, MayWard, will also grace the red carpet of the ABS-CBN Ball. Maymay shared photos of the moment Edward asked her to be his date at the event.
Richard Gomez and Lucy Torres-Gomez
A couple with an amazing and heartwarming backstory. She was a fan and he was her idol. They have been married for 20 years now. Witness Lucy and Richard at the ABS-CBN Ball!
Ryan Agoncillo and Judy Ann Santos
Another blissfully married couple is expected at the ball!
Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla
After the success of their latest movie ‘The Hows of Us,’ their schedule has been full-packed. KathNiel, however, will surely not miss the first ever ABS-CBN Ball.
Janella Salvador and Elmo Magalona
The pair is rumored to attend the ABS-CBN Ball amid a controversy.
Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil
The ‘Bagani’ stars are ready to shine some more in this year’s big event.
James Reid and Nadine Lustre
It’s confirmed! James and Nadine will be at the ABS-CBN Ball. It was recently revealed that James will wear a suit by well-known, Dubai-based designer Michael Cinco. This is the first time that the real-life couple will attend the said event as it was previously exclusive to Star Magic talents.
Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto
Fans of JoshLia are looking forward to the pair’s presence at the ABS-CBN Ball.
TAGS: ABS-CBN, ABS-CBN Ball, Ang Probinsyano, Angelica Panganiban, Carlo Aquino, Coco Martin, Daniel Padilla, edward barber, Elmo Magalona, Enrique Gil, Exes Baggage, jadine, james reid, janella Salvador, JoshLia, Joshua Garcia, Judy Ann Santos, Julia Barretto, kathniel, Kathryn Bernardo, liza soberano, Lizquen, Lucy Torres-Gomez, Maymay Entrata, mayward, nadine lustre, ogie alcasid, Ogie Alcasid Regine Velasquez, Regine Velasquez, Richard Gomez, Ryan Agoncillo, yassi pressman
Does anymone remember Hans Montenegro?
He was an actor and male model built in the ’90s. Due to a scandal involving talent manager Jojo Veloso in 1995, Hans stepped away from the limelight.
He went to the US and finished his masteral degree in psychology at the Santa Clara University in San Francisco, California.
He was married to Binibining Pilipinas World 1994 Cara Subijano and had a daughter named Ashley. The couple eventually got separated.
The former actor was also known for his past relationships. He dated his then-Unang Hirit co-host Miriam Quiambao. He also got into a relationship with actress Maritoni Fernandez and they had a son named Liam.
Starting afresh in the US, Hans found a whole new career as a Human Resources director. He married model and interior designer Marilen Faustino on January 2008.
They have two kids named Santiago Alejo and Elena Ysabelle.
Hans became a part of the film Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo, starring celebrity couple Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo.
TAGS: California, Cara Subijano, Elena Ysabelle, Hans Montenegro, Jojo Veloso, Judy Ann Santos, Marilen Faustino, maritoni fernandez, miriam quiambao, Ryan Agoncillo, Sakal Sakali Saklolo, San Francisco, Santa Clara University, Santiago Alejo, Unang Hirit
Eat Bulaga has reached its 40 years on TV and it is already a huge achievement for the books; considering these days, the people’s attention span is shorter, and it has become a struggle for television programs to come up with new ideas that will hook their viewers, maintain the numbers and even attract more for years. Most TV shows last on air for at least 10 years.
Among other noontime variety shows, only Eat Bulaga! can be considered as legendary. Since it started in 1979, this year–it is turning 40. For four decades, the show has made so many memories that have entertained viewers in and out of the country.
In celebration of the show’s anniversary, here are 40 facts that you may or may not know about:
1. The main trio of Eat Bulaga started their television careers with their then onscreen rivals, Apo Hiking Society‘s Danny Javier, Jim Paredes, and Buboy Garrovillo.
2. The groups made a debut in the 1970s gag show titled ‘Okay Lang’ which aired in the number one TV network at that time, Channel 13. It was on television from 1973 to 1974.
3. The trio was first offered their own noontime show on RPN Channel 9, however, they declined. At that time, they were not yet ready to compete against another show ‘Student Canteen’, who was also produced by Program Philippines, Inc., the producer of their show, ‘Discorama’.
4. ‘Eat Bulaga!’ was coined by Joey de Leon from the popular child’s play, ‘It Bulaga’ or peek-a-boo. The word ‘it’ was replaced by ‘eat’ since its timeslot is lunchtime.
5. In its early beginnings, the show wasn’t exactly a success at first. The show’s average rating was only 5.3% while their competitor’s is 57.6%.
6. Along with the struggle with its ratings, the show also struggled financially. Their advertising rates went down to Php750 when the standard rate at that time was Php2,000. It led them to entertain movie trailers, which paid less than regular commercials.
7. Since the PBA Games and Eat Bulaga! had the same producer at that time, the income from the games were used to save the noontime show. The show, however, continued to fail financially and it came to the point that even the hosts were not paid for their talent fees.
8. When there was finally enough cash to pay the hosts at least half of their monthly salary, it was said that the production coordinator accidentally left the money in a cab.
9. After Eat Bulaga!‘s first anniversary, the staff were given a three-month ultimatum by Romy Jalosjos, who was the show’s producer. He warned them to improve the ratings or else the show will be cancelled.
10. Luckily, the show’s contest ‘Mr. Macho’ became a hit and Eat Bulaga! won with the ratings for the first time. The said segment-contest was a sponsored that intended to promote the movie ‘You Can’t Stop the Music’ starring the Village People. Eat Bulaga’s ratings rose up to 31%, which was two points higher than Student Canteen‘s.
11. After getting fired from Student Canteen, Coney Reyes‘s transfered to Eat Bulaga! It coincided with the launch of the Domsat (domestic satellite). With the new technology, provinces were finally able to watch the show simultaneously with Metro Manila viewers.
It also meant that it became easier for the advertisers to market their products.
12. Eat Bulaga! had a mascot named Bikoy Baboy.
13. GMA Network launched a new rival show named Launch Date and it nearly kicked-out Eat Bulaga! from the top spot. The show was hosted by Randy Santiago. But Eat Bulaga! remained number one, thanks to a segment hosted by a little Aiza Seguerra.
14. As an act of gratitude, TAPE, Inc. continued to put Aiza Seguerra under its payroll during the years that the child star was no longer in the noontime show. Eat Bulaga! also got Aiza a college plan which she later used to enroll at the UST College of Music.
15. Eat Bulaga transfered to ABS-CBN in 1989 and it helped the network’s ratings reach an all-time high. The noontime show was packaged with three other programs such as Aguila, Coney Reyes on Camera, and Okay Ka, Fairy Ko.
16. The noontime show left the Kapamilya network six years later, after they decided to produce their own programs and stop airing block-time shows.
17. GMA Network welcomed Eat Bulaga with open arms and made it the only local show to be aired consecutively in three different television networks.
18. When Eat Bulaga transferrd to GMA Network, Nova Villa, who then played as the professor in Bulagaan, chose to remain loyal to ABS-CBN. Vic and Joey were assigned to take over the role until Tito Sotto returned in 2009.
19. Eat Bulaga!‘s ‘Lottong Bahay’ was considered as one of the largest Proof of Purchase raffle draws in the history of local television. The first grand draw had to be conducted in the Quezon City Memorial City with a forklift due to the overwhelming amount of entries.
20. Samantha Lopez, the popular round girl in the numbers game ‘Rambulaga’, was christened by Joey de Leon as “Grasya”. He reasoned that her role of carrying the winning numbers “brought in a lot of graces of heaven” to the lucky winners, hence the nickname.
21. Before Jose Manalo became a comedian and one of the show’s hosts, he initially worked as the show’s floor director.
22. The Broadway Centrum was supposed to be Eat Bulaga!‘s temporary studio, however, it has since become the show’s official home.
23. Kaserola ng Kabayanan was the pioneer game that inspired future segments such as Meron o Wala and Laban o Bawi. It’s also gave rise to MTB‘s Pera o Bayong.
24. October 4 is a sad but unforgettable date for the show since Rio Diaz-Cojuangco, a former co-host, died of cancer in 2004. Five years later, Francis Magalona, who also died of cancer in 2009.
25. Helen Vela was the show’s eternal pinch-hitter for almost 10 years. Her career in Eat Bulaga! started when she cheered, as part of the audience, her friend Coney Reyes when the latter was welcomed as the new female co-host in 1982. She hosted the Kilometrico quiz segment in the early 80s.
26. Ryan Agoncillo, who is currently one of Eat Bulaga!‘s co-hosts, is as old as the noontime show.
27. Can you believe that broadcast journalist Arnold Clavio joined Eat Bulaga!‘s Flashback competition in 1983 but lost? He went back to try his luck on another dance segment titled Footloose but he didn’t make past the audition round.
28. Eat Bulaga! won as the Best Entertainment Special of the Year (for the program’s 25th anniversary show) during the 2005 Asian Television Awards.
29. Lani Mercado became a temporary co-host of the show, when Coney Reyes went on maternity leave. She didn’t become one of the show’s permanent co-hosts since she got pregnant as well.
TAGS: 40 Facts Eat Bulaga, aiza seguerra, Arnold Clavio, Bikoy Baboy, Christine Jacob, Coney Reyes, eat bulaga, Eat Bulaga anniversary, Eat Bulaga facts, Eat Bulaga trivia, Francis Magalona, Helen Vela, Joey De Leon, Jose Manalo, Lani Mercado, Launch Date, Little Miss Philippines, Lottong Bahay, Millet Advincula, Mr. Macho, Randy Santiago, Rio Diaz-Cojuangco, Romy Jalosjos, Rosanna Roces, Ryan Agoncillo, samantha lopez, She's Got the Look, Student Canteen, TAPE Inc., tito sotto, Tito Vic and Joey, Vic Sotto
A father is every child’s hero. In celebration of Fathers’ Day, The Dailypedia is featuring Filipino celebrity fathers who deserve to be called Pinoy celebrity superdads. Get to know the men who made it to our list.
Turn the pages to have a look at those 10 men you love but the love of their life are their kids.
Top 10 Pinoy Celebrity SuperDads:
TAGS: Albert Martinez, albert martinez children, anjoy yllana, anjoy yllana children, Doug Kramer, doug kramer children, juliana gomez, Manny Pacquiao, manny pacquiao children, mark pingris, mark pingris children, michael v., michael v. children, oyo sotto, oyo sotto children, pinoy celebrity fathers, pinoy celebrity superdads, Richard Gomez, Ryan Agoncillo, ryan agoncillo's children, Team Kramer, zoren legaspi, zoren legaspi children
Everybody says nothing lasts in show business, specially couples. But when you see these couples together, you will want to believe in forever. You see them everywhere: on social media, on billboards, on TV, some of them in movies and in magazines. They have the greatest number of followers on social media and they are asked to endorse almost all kinds of commodities. They are actually the most influential couples in the country.
Who says Filipinos cannot have a Brangelina? For all we know, our showbiz couples even have a better love and life story than theirs: Pinoy showbiz couples that millions of people would like to emulate. What they have is not just chemistry, but a genuine relationship that every couple dreams of having. And it’s not just the love story they have that makes them powerful. These couples also have that “magic” that even the people around them feel, and that is why not only the public, but also big companies trust them to be the face of their products.
But of course, we could only count a few of them here in the Philippines. We have chosen the best of all the best couples in showbiz. The couples that give everyone the feel-good vibes when we see them together, the Philippine showbiz’s royalties,
Our Top Five Pinoy Showbiz Power Couples:
Top 5: Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla
Also known as “Kathniel”, this is the only unmarried couple we have on our list. This couple has never confirmed their relationship verbally, but their families and people around them know what they have is really something special. Their chemistry spills beyond the camera and people who work with them see how they sweet they are to each other even off-cam. They have million-peso endorsements as individuals and as a couple. They have starred in a couple of high rating telenovelas and hundred-million peso movies. People love them because they don’t have any issues and dramas, and their wholesome love-team has made fans from all ages and from all walks of life. Truly, one of Philippine Showbiz’s power couples!
Top 4: Carmina Villaroel and Zoren Legaspi
People love them even before they got married, but when Zoren surprised an unsuspecting Carmina in a mob-like proposal and impromptu wedding, the Filipinos loved them even more. Together with their beautiful twins Cassy and Mavy, this couple has taken over every kind of product endorsement. They also have never been in any publicized drama and their genuine niceness is what people love. The couple that proved that timing is everything, Carmina and Zoren takes the fourth spot in our Top Five Showbiz Power Couples.
Top 3: Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera
The “Dongyanatics” love them! Marian and Dingdong started their love story a bit shaky after Marian was accused as the third party in Dingdong’s previous relationship. Once thought to be just a rebound relationship, this couple has proved everybody wrong. From their chemistry in the telenovela “Mari Mar” in 2007, the couple has finally tied the knot in December of 2014. This couple is not only just the “lifeblood” of GMA-7 but also are founders of different charities and foundations. Showbiz Power Couple number three is no other than GMA’s Royal Couple, Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes.
Top 2: Doug and Cheska Kramer
One is a basketball superstar and the other is a former teen star. They are the only couple in our list that cannot be considered “showbiz”, but with following they have on social media and the number of endorsements they have together with their kids, this couple deserves to be put on the second spot of our Showbiz Power Couples. They coined the word “team” for family from “Team Kramer” and their beautiful kids already have millions of fans all over the country. The couple does not only share happenings in their family but their strong faith in God. Their faith is what made them stand out and have that “power”. The couple (and family) everybody follows on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Doug and Cheska Kramer.
Top 1: Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo
Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo is our top Showbiz Power Couple. From being in the same telenovela to confirming their relationship, from their secret wedding, and now raising two kids, this couple truly deserves to be on top. They managed to both stay in the limelight as a couple and as individuals. They have endorsements left and right and have TV shows they’ve starred in as a couple and as individuals. Their love story is also one that many people dream of: being able to marry the man of your dreams even if people think you are totally different, and being with the woman whom everyone thinks is hard to reach, but is actually the perfect one who makes you happy. The couple to beat on top, and the couple we know will last forever: Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo.
We certainly hope their partnerships will stand the test of time and that they will be able to be good role models to Filipinos, not just to the couples but to individuals as well. Kudos to these couples!
TAGS: carmina villaroel, Daniel Padilla, Dingdong Dantes, dongyan, Judy Ann Santos, kathniel, Kathryn Bernardo, Marian Rivera, Ryan Agoncillo, Team Kramer, top five showbiz power couples, zoren legaspi
It is that time again for people to showcase their best Halloween costumes, in hopes that they win the “Best in Costume” Award or “Most Creative Costume” Award or just about any award available. Of course, our celebrities won’t let this opportunity pass to show their playful or scary sides. We’re posting here some of the costume posts made by celebrities, just in time for Halloween 2014.
Ryzza Mae Dizon
Vice Ganda and his Minions
TAGS: Alice Dixon, Andi Eigenmann, celebrity Halloween, Enchong Dee, Georgina Wilson, halloween, Halloween costumes, Luis Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mariel Rodriguez, Pauleen Luna, Ruby Rodriguez, Ruffa Gutierrez, Ryan Agoncillo, Ryzza Mae Dizon, Solenn Heussaff, Vhong Navarro, Vice Ganda