- Fast- food chain accident
- Six- year old child got a second-degree burn after hot drink spilled
- Parents outraged because of the “lack of assistance” from the crew
Do you remember the feeling you felt as a little kid when your parents tell you that you are going to eat at your favorite fast-food restaurant? You can surely feel the excitement and happiness of having to eat out and choose your own kiddie meal toy! Unfortunately, a supposed happy day for this kid turned horrific when this happened…
On a video posted by netizen RJ Olpenda Anino, a little girl got a second-degree burn after a fast-food chain accident happened.
Watch video here:
Based on the posted video, it can be seen how the child is frantically crying after getting spilled a hot chocolate drink all over her body. The parents were outraged by the accident and on what appears to be a “lack of assistance” from the fast-food crew.
“Sa counter naman talaga naabot ng bata yung tray kung saan naka lagay ang hot choco na accidente tumapon. Sa Counter nman talaga nilalagay ang order. Di po ako connected sa jollibee.. FYI lang lang po,” said the uploader.
The reported incident happened in a fast-food chain in Nova Tierra Village, Davao City.
Although it was not captured in the video how the hot chocolate drink was spilled in the child’s body, another Facebook netizen shared what really happened during the incident.
“Scenario @ Jollibee:
The crew was going to deliver two cups of hot choco for another customer, then as he was going he was stopped by another customer asking for plastic knife. So he return to the counter and retrieve the item. There at the counter Chloe was choosing a kiddie meal toy. Next, the crew then turned to go and deliver when both Chloe and the crew hit each other…”.
Based on this, the fast food chain crew was going to deliver hot drinks to a customer when he was stopped by another customer to get a plastic utensil. The crew then placed the tray with the hot drinks on the countertop near the kiddie meals toy where the child was supposedly looking. When the crew returned to deliver, the hot chocolate drinks spilled on the child after they accidentally bump into each other.
Another netizen shared a picture of the child after the accident happened. The child got a second-degree burn from the incident.
The parents of the child appeared to be outraged due to the “lack of assistance” given to them by the crew. Based on the post, the mother of the kid got angry because they were not even given first-aid assistance when it happened. It was also stated that it was even another customer who gave them tissues and not the crew.
UPDATE: On the posted version of Kim Alvin Torres Rmt (the brother of little girl Chloe): “The crew was going to deliver two cups of hot choco for another customer; then as he was going he was stopped by another customer asking for plastic knife. So he return to the counter and retrieve the item. There at the counter Chloe was choosing a kiddie meal toy. Next, the crew then turned to go and deliver when both Chloe and the crew hit each other.”
He added, “So this Rj Olpenda Anino Full have statements. Kindly read. Maniwala ba kayo? Statement to clear up your name? Kumuha ka ng reaction ng mga tao? Gago ka ba? Sa video pa lang magulang ko na ang ginawa mong bida ulol! TUMAYO KA PA SA UPUAN MO PARA MAKAPAGVIDEO NG MAAYOS SA MAGULANG KO! Ginawa mong tanga pamilya ko sa harap ng mga tao! ETO PA, CHECK YOUR CAPTION! BAT MO INIBA? CAPTION MO PA LANG GINAWA MO NANG GAGO MGA TAO! SAAN MO NAKUHA 3 YEARS OLD? GAGU 5 NA PALA KAPATID KO! FAKE NEWS PA FAMEWHORE! BAT KA NAG BLOCK SA AMIN? PARA MAKAPAGSINUNGALING KA PA?? THIS WON’T CHANGE ANYTHING NAKAHANDA NA KASO PARA SAYO!”
As of this moment, there is still no statement released from the fast-food chain’s side.
What do you think about this?