A socio-political family drama directed by Arturo San Agustin and Real Florido, Kabisera takes family drama into a different level.
The film focuses on the story Mercy and her tightly knit family whose lives fall apart after a tragic incident concerning hooded people involved in extra-judicial killings. The movie is produced by Silver Story Entertainment and Fire Starters Productions.
And to know more about this tension filled family drama, here are ten thing you should know about Kabisera.
1. The film is Nora Aunor’s MMFF comeback following Thy Womb by Brillante Mendoza in 2012.
2. The film tackles the subject of Extra Judicial Killings.
3. Kabisera vied to be one of the official MMFF entries in 2015 but was rejected.
4. The film didn’t clinch any merit ratings from the Cinema Evaluation Board.
5. One of the 2 films to include big stars in its artist line-up. With Nora Aunor at the helm plus Ricky Davao, Perla Bautista and Ces Quesada on the cast, Kabisera can be considered as one of the two MMFF Films to include big stars in its line-up aside from Ang Babae sa Septic Tank 2 which has Eugene Domingo, Joel Torre, Jericho Rosales and Agot Isidro.
6. A family drama made by a family. The film was created by a family as the producer of the film RJ San Agustin is the son of one of the directors Arturo San Agustin.
7. Kabisera is the only MMFF film having the most award-winning cast. The film boast of a cast of award winning actors and actresses.
8. Kabisera’s producer RJ San Agustin is also part of the cast.
9. The movie was inspired by a true event happened in Batangas.
10. Nora Aunor was already the movie’s lead star even before it clinched a slot in the MMFF official entries.
If you want to watch this different kind of family drama, Kabisera is currently showing on cinemas as part of the 2016 Metro Manila Film Festival.