A Filipina nurse from Saudi Arabia was infected by deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS), the Department of Health announced on Wednesday.
The DOH said that the 32-year old OFW undergone 3 sets of test and turned out positive. She was confined Tuesday at the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in Muntinlupa City.
“Testing was done which yielded positive results. The patient is currently confined in a negative pressure room at RITM,” the DOH tested.
She arrived in the country on February 1 with her husband via a Saudi Airline flight 860.
DOH confirmed that the two were taken inside the RITM and were receiving appropriate medication.
Concurrently, President Benigno Aquino III, gives command to Acting Health Secretary Janette Garin to ensure all pre-cautions and necessary aids are taken into consideration into this disease outbreak.
“Contact tracing is being done to locate fellow passengers of the patient who traveled from Saudi Arabia to Manila last week,” Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said.