in ,

Mother dies of caffeine overdose after gulping 8 liters of Pepsi Max every day

Victoria Lane, a 38-year-old mom who consumed 8 liters of Pepsi Max every day, tragically died after the prescription drugs she was taking reacted with the fizzy drink.

Apparently, Lane would drink up to four 2 two-liter bottles of Pepsi to alleviate the side effects of the prescription drugs that made her mouth dry. She also consumed up to a liter of vodka a day.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mirror UK
PHOTO CREDIT: Mirror UK

Last April, Lane was found lifeless in her home in Clayton by her only child Reese.

“I tried to wake her up but her jaw was completely locked. That’s when I started to worry. I called 999,” Reese told the inquest in Stroke-on-Tent.

Postmortem results revealed that Lane died from “excessive consumption” of caffeine from Pepsi Max and of the anti-depressant fluoxetine.

According to her family, Lane began having mental trouble after she was involved in a serious car accident when she was 16. Struggling with anxiety and paranoia, Lane resorted to drinking to deal with her troubles.


“She recovered physically from it but I noticed a change in her personality after that,” Lane’s mother Rosalind said.

Written by mmalabanan

Mini is a work-at-home mom from Laguna. Aside from writing, she's passionate about breastfeeding and homeschooling.

This man’s nonstop drinking gave him a ‘horse’s neck’

Alleged laglag bala victim films how the scam was run on her American stepson