Partido Federal ng Pilipinas’ bet Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr had citizens laughing after he refused to appear on GMA News Public Affairs’ Presidential Interviews.
Marcos was in the teaser of the program, but host Jessica Soho never got the chance to interview him on his policies.
24 Oras invited the top presidential candidates according to surveys but Vice President Leni Robredo, Sens. Panfilo Lacson and Manny Pacquiao, and Manila Mayor Isko Moreno were the only ones to accept.
The program asked the aspirants about “their intentions behind running for the position, the controversies have thrown at them, their stand on pressing issues and their concrete plans should they be elected.”
Vic Rodriguez, Marcos’ spokesperson, also declined to answer questions on the former senator’s refusal to be interviewed. Earlier this week, Marcos and running-mate Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte only answered three questions during a virtual caravan.
The netizens said that Marcos’s decision not to appear only shows how weak he is. #MarcosDuwag then trended on social media.
Bongbong Marcos Jr. be like:
— 3dx2yrs#letlenilead🌷 (@betterfuture143) January 21, 2022
Years ago, Marcos sat down with Soho, and he did not look good answering questions about the martial law era.
— Anj 🎀 💜 (@anjpessumal) January 21, 2022
— Taylerr #LENI2022 (@TaylorKitty9) January 21, 2022
Bongbong Marcos declined the invitation for the GMA News Jessica Soho presidential interviews because of this very reason… he is dumb and he stutters. 😭 pic.twitter.com/I2Mo8MGtXC
— Rjay Zuriaga Castor (@rrjjjyyyy) January 21, 2022
In the 2016 vice-presidential debates, Marcos left the staged battered.
"Bongbong” Marcos Jr. declined to participate in GMA’s the Jessica Soho Presidential Interview. My opinion: Buti na lang! The people would be the one voting anyway! Plus, i don't want to see BBM being bullied in national television again like in 2016. What is your opinion?
— Jackie Carrington (@FhqJackie) January 21, 2022
Fear-dinand Bongbong Marcos Jr. not showing up to Jessica Soho's presidential interview just shows how traumatic his last public interview/debate was.
— MIKOPALMOS (@mikopalmos1) January 21, 2022
— Kenneth Jay Bermil | UNBREAKABLE (@kennethbermil) January 21, 2022
The dictator’s son’s camp said shortly after that he declined an interview with Soho because the host is “biased against the Marcoses.”
“The reason why Bongbong Marcos decided not to join the Jessica Soho show is founded on our belief that the hostess of said popular talk show is biased against the Marcoses,” said Rodriguez in a statement.
“Therefore, we believe her questions will just focus on negativity about BBM which the UniTeam dislike and will not subscribe as it hopes that the discourse in any forum about this coming elections must focus on how the aspiring presidents will solve our country’s lingering problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and what their plans are for our country to roll up from economic stagnation,” he added.
He said Marcos would continue interacting with the voters on various platforms.
“We will continue with our way of communicating direct to the people in so many equally significant shows, platforms, and forums where all the attendees are allowed to present their visions, plans, and platforms freely, unfiltered and unhindered by any biases,” he added.
However, Marcos agreed to an interview with Boy Abunda in his return to television.