Columnist and broadcaster Ramon Tulfo recently claimed that Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Debold Sinas has already been given a COVID-19 vaccine.
In his recent column published in the Manila Times titled Let’s Give Sinas A Break, Tulfo wrote that the PNP chief will “not die” from the virus as he already got vaccinated. Not only Sinas but Tulfo himself stated that he also got his doses of the Sinopharm in November 2020.
“I don’t know about Villanueva, but Sinas will not die of the dreaded virus infection. Sinas will survive because he got injected with the Sinopharm vaccine along with this columnist in November last year,” Tulfo wrote in his column.
“I quite understand Sinas when he violated safety protocols when he visited PNP troops in Oriental Mindoro recently by not passing through medical screening,” he added.
The columnist also said that “some government officials” were also vaccinated back then, however, the identity of said officials remains anonymous.
Netizens then reacted to the revelation by questioning Sinas’ COVID test results.
In his newspaper column, Mon Tulfo claimed PNP Chief Debold Sinas was
vaccinated for Covid19 along with his security detail last October.
Sinas recently tested positive for Covid19.
I wonder what gives.
Also, secret vaccination din?
— Raffy Sison Santos (@raffsantos) March 18, 2021
Someone stated that the vaccine does not work or Sinas is ‘faking’ his virus contraction.
Boom! Another bombshell from Mon Tulfo! "Sinas already vaccinated!"
In other words, either the Chinese vaccine is not working or Sinas is faking 'that he contracted the virus' to avoid the senate probe on the PDEA and Police encounter. https://t.co/Zu1FORLkqw
— AkoNgaSyLico 璃乎. リコ. りこ. #DutertePalpak (@SyLicoNgaAko) March 18, 2021
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque is also one of the government officials that the Netizens are questioning about test results.
Palabas lang pala yung pagka positive ni Sinas. Baka ganun din kay Harry Roque?
“Sinas will not die of the dreaded virus infection. Sinas will survive because he got injected with the Sinopharm vaccine along with this columnist in November last year…” – Mon Tulfo https://t.co/7xqSLSvlVP
— Quentin Quarantino (@marcuss76) March 18, 2021
Tulfo’s sudden statement amused other Netizens.
“These people do not understand the reason minimum health protocols need to be followed is for them to not infect others. They are risking the lives of those who have not been vaccinated,” a Netizen wrote.
These people do not understand the reason minimum health protocols need to be followed is for them to not infect others. They are risking the lives of those who have not been vaccinated
— #LetLeniLead (@c4lidor3) March 18, 2021
Another said that he is not disappointed nor surprised about the claims.
Furious? Since 2016
Months from now, these vile government officials will be hearing the people singing the songs of angry men. https://t.co/PGhoya8Px5
— Aldous Dumbledore Velasquez-Alcasid Wongratch⚡ (@BergaraSky) March 18, 2021
“The plot thickens,” a Twitter user said.
The plot thickens https://t.co/HxtZYWuUFb
— DaisyGurl (@Daisy_Three) March 18, 2021
Sinas quickly denied Tulfo’s claims, saying that he couldn’t have gotten the infection if he was already vaccinated.
“Our chief simply said that if he had his vaccine, he could not have been infected with COVID-19,” said the PNP spokesman Brig. Gen. Ildebrandi Usana via test message.
Sinas previously got called out for his mañanita controversy.