Former senators Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. are now facing online critics because of their past record. Recently, they slammed their online critics and continue to clean their names before the public.
The images of the aforementioned senatorial candidates have been tainted due to graft or plunder cases in the pork barrel scam. “Memes” proliferated on social media and labeled the two as thieves.
For the record, Estrada was accused of receiving P183 million in kickbacks form fake projects in connivance with Janet Lim Napoles. Since he was not the “main plunderer” the anti-graft court granted him to bail out. In September 2017, he was out on bail but is still facing trials.
As for Revilla, the actor was accused of stealing P224 million in the discretionary fund while he was still a senator. In December 2018, he was acquitted of plunder but the government prosecutors insisted that Revilla should pay 124.5 million to the government as civil liability along with Napoles and his former staff and an attorney, Richard Cambe, were both found guilty of plunder. Because of the bail, he has his temporary liberty but is still facing 16 counts of graft cases.
Amidst all the issues they still chose to run for the senatorial race in this year’s elections (2019) and slammed their online critics.
Estrada told the reporters on Hugpong ng Pagbabago’s miting de avance that he was affected by the criticism online, but he also said that those issues are already rehashed.
“I would be a hypocrite if I will tell you I’m not affected by the criticism against me on social media. I am human, too. I also get hurt.”
He added, “These issues are already rehashed.”
He was also asked if online basing had contributed his slide in the surveys and answered: “They won’t stop bashing me. Maybe there are some unscrupulous elements who wanted me out.”
Revilla on the other hand, also said that despite the anti-graft court filed at the Sandiganbayan, he is acquitted from his plunder case, but critics are still at it.
“They won’t stop. Until now they bash me on facebook and continue to hurl hurtful words against me,” he said.
Former senator Ramon ‘Bong’ Revilla Jr. has recently been riled by the netizens, after seeing him dancing in a campaign ad, as others keep on bashing him.
Despite being criticized, Bong Revilla still feels the love and support of his supporters, based on the surveys.
Recently, the netizens have been riling up one commercial where he was dancing to a “budots song” playing in the background, which garnered different reactions that had been spread on social media.
Others were also throwing other issues at him.
Bong Revilla's political ad, to me, looks like he's not campaigning for votes at all; but rather mocking his critics that despite hundreds of millions he had stolen, he's out of jail, very much alive and kicking, ready to steal again and again and again and again, ad infinitum. https://t.co/EocFgfTTBc
— Leandro Rivas (@RolandR19327469) May 5, 2019
Listen. If you will vote for Bong Revilla, you hate the Philippines and you are the enemy of this country. You can't change my mind.
— Jai Cabajardashian (@jaicabajar) May 5, 2019
Bong Revilla's stupid Budots Campaign ad PLAYED 2X during the commercial break.
Imagine how a 15-second commercial slot costs? It's more than Php 500,000; but it played for 30 secs+on a primetime slot so roughly above Php 1M.
How can you not question where he gets his money….
— Vincenz (@peanutBITTER_) May 5, 2019
A friendly reminder…
DO NOT VOTE FOR
Bato Dela Rosa
Submitted: May 2, 2019 1:50PM
— Rooster FW 🐓 (@PManok51) May 2, 2019
Other politician ads: *made laws, bills and promised to make the country better.
Bong Revilla ads: pic.twitter.com/ZxVHMiHCwa
— mini stop fried chicken (@aiansalaysay) May 4, 2019
Open letter to Bong Revilla:
Everyone who filed taxes last April
— Pablo (@pablo_palacio_l) May 9, 2019
We live in a world where a Gretchen Ho is a destabilizer and a Mocha Uson is a model citizen, where Chel Diokno is struggling to even compete while Bong Revilla is a sure win. God save the Philippines.
— Marc Marasigan〽️ (@marcmarasigan) May 8, 2019
But the former senator said that he cannot easily be crashed. Instead, he even gets more handsome because of issues thrown at him.
“Si Bong Revilla, mandirigma, habang nasasaktan, lalong tumatapang, habang sinisiraan, lalo ako po(mo)pogi,” he said in an interview by Abante.
An arrest warrant was issued for Bong Revilla in 2014 due to his involvement in Napoles’ pork barrel scam. But now, he was acquitted of plunder charges and was released in 2018.
Though there were a lot of netizens still accusing him, he stands that he did not steal money from the people.
And he also defends himself that he doesn’t need the money because he has his own earning as an actor. And now, he just wants to give service to the people.
A photo of a netizen, smiling together with senatorial candidate Bong Revilla, is making rounds on social media for its controversial caption by mocking the former senator regarding his plunder cases by way of keeping his wallet safe from him.
“Wag po kayong mag-alala. Wala naman pong nawala. Mahigpit po pagkakahawak ko sa wallet ko,” wrote netizen Carlos Mañosa Ng II on his Facebook account, alluding to Revilla’s alleged involvement with Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF), or pork barrel, scam.
The actor-politician, along with former senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada, were accused of receiving kickbacks from businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles, in exchange for directing some of their discretionary funds to phony non-government organizations.
OMG IS THIS A THING?! THIS NEEDS TO BE A THING! I’m calling on ALL people who happen to see Bong Revilla, please make this a thing. 😂 pic.twitter.com/5MOdvUcwA3
— Mo Twister (@djmotwister) April 14, 2019
During one of the hearings of his plunder case, Revilla denied receiving money from Napoles nor from her colleagues.
The former action star has been detained at the Police Custodial Center in Camp Crame since 2014, but was acquitted of plunder and released on December 7, 2018. Revilla still faces 16 counts of graft presently.
Netizens had dissenting opinions after seeing and reading Ng’s viral-post, which received 24 thousand reactions online.
On the one hand, social media users stood by Ng’s side, commending his mockery of the former senator while on the other hand, netizens pointed out how Ng had been disrespectful of Revilla and how his “joke” fell flat on them.
Napa check ako sa lock ng kotse!!! pic.twitter.com/UaVMhPQIIw
— cookai (@CookaiTV) April 15, 2019
“Pinoy nga naman ninakawan na pinagtatanggol pa. Sa cine (mo) ka nalang malupit Bong Revilla, mandarambong,” commented Wilfred Noel Manuel.
“Double check mo, malupit mag magic yan guilty na mapawalang sala pa sa tulong in Poong Nazeraan,” replied Jemar Cruz.
“Nagpa-picture ka para lang siraan si Bong, very wrong lodi haha,” reproached netizen Jules Almonicar.
“Plastik mo naman. Nakangiti kapa (diyan) ha, tapos magsasabi ka ng ganyan? wtf,” said Janine Espeleta.
So while I was sleeping kanina may nakamegaphone tas sabi "Mga kababayan parating na ang panday, parating na si Senator Bong Revilla". So tinipon ko energy ko, tsaka ako humiyaw, "MGA KAPITBAHAY MAY MAGNANAKAW! MAY MAGNANAKAW!" https://t.co/72647UQZPg
— Lance Angel 🎓 (@cruzlance10) April 14, 2019
Nakita ko si Bong Revilla sa balagtas hinagisan ako ng tshirt, sisigawan ko sana ng magnanakaw kaso baka may dalang baril gg ako HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
— dayan (@diannerazel) April 14, 2019
TAGS: bong revilla, Bong Revilla Jr., Carlos Mañosa Ng II, Janet Lim Napoles, Janine Espeleta, Jemar Cruz, Jinggoy Estrada, Juan Ponce Enrile, Jules Almonicar, man poses with Bong Revilla captions it with controversial allusion to pork barrel scam, Memes, PDAF case, Pork Barrel Scam, Ramon Revilla Jr., viral FB post, viral FB story, Wilfred Noel Manuel
A Twitter parody account, centering on Philippine politics, posted on Wednesday a photo of Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.’s campaign ad with a “correction”—the word “magnanakaw” plastered on the tarpaulin, which piqued the attention of Twitter users, even that of the senatorial candidate’s wife.
Thanks for the correction. pic.twitter.com/lMKJgSD0Aj
— Malacañang Events and Catering Services (@MalacananEvents) March 13, 2019
The account, Malacañang Events and Catering Services, recently posted a follow-up tweet showing an alleged screenshot of Lani Mercado-Revilla’s Twitter page, where the “Likes” section displayed that she has “liked” the tweet that the parody account posted of her husband.
— Malacañang Events and Catering Services (@MalacananEvents) March 14, 2019
The actress-politician currently serving as Mayor of Bacoor has denied this, saying that “I didn’t approve this. Fake news…”
Denial Queen na pic.twitter.com/ip8QZfWHXr
— Malacañang Events and Catering Services (@MalacananEvents) March 15, 2019
Because of that, the original poster has called her a “denial queen,” with one netizen accusing the mayor that she is the same as her husband Bong – already caught in the act but still lying their way through it.
Pareho talaga sila Bong. Huli na sa akto, nagsisinungaling pa.
— HugpongNgPanggagago, CPA (@PanataSaBayan) March 15, 2019
It may be noted that Bong Revilla is still facing separate Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) graft cases despite being acquitted last year of the crime, in relation to the pork barrel scam case.
Popular comedienne Ethel Booba has now targeted former Senator Bong Revilla Jr. in her latest tweet, when reports of his statement of being in favor of capital punishment for plunder cases made the rounds online.
Booba quote-retweeted the ABS-CBN News Twitter update on the said incident with “Manila Lifeline Centre Contact by: Phone Hotline: (02) 8969191 Mobile phone: 0917 854 9191. Charot!” insinuating that the actor-turned-politician is on suicidal-watch due to his remark as he is still facing separate PDAF graft cases, despite being acquitted last year of the crime in relation to the pork barrel scam case.
Manila Lifeline Centre
Contact by: Phone
Hotline: (02) 8969191
Mobile phone: 0917 854 9191. Charot! https://t.co/I7vGxWPHVY
— Ethel Booba (@IamEthylGabison) March 4, 2019
Revilla, now running again for a seat in the Senate, declared “Yung mga nagpa-plunder, yung nagnanakaw talaga sa bayan, dapat kung kinakailangang hatulan ng kamatayan para matigil na yan.”
He also noted that “false accusers” must also be charged and jailed. “Dapat hatulan din, kumbaga, hatulan din ng kamatayan yung mga false accusers…. kasi masama rin yung nagbibintang ka ng hindi totoo,” Revilla said.
They are so unafraid noh? Grabe! walang konsensya na talaga tong mga MANDARAMbong na to!
— Baklang Manicurista (@oranj2) March 4, 2019
He knows what to do incase makasuhan ulit sya.kaya malakas na loob magsalita ng ganyan. Sobrang kapal ng balat,hindi na nya ramdam nun bumalik/tumama sa kanya yun sinasabi nya🤬 #kapalmuks #crocodileinthephilippines #philippinepoliticians #onliinthephilippines #kontinghiyanamanuy
— yayi_blue Santiago (@yayiBoi17) March 5, 2019
Napaka witty nyo po. Ang galing galing nyo @IamEthylGabison
— markanthony sy (@mackymee) March 4, 2019
Thou shall not kill. Especially yourself. NKKLK si Idol ko si Kap
— Kram (@anthonymark1106) March 4, 2019
Suksulan na talaga kakapalan ng mukha ng taong ito, pati sarili nya pinapaniwala nya na hindi sya magnanakaw 🤬🤬🤬
— si_pilimon (@si_pilimon) March 4, 2019
wow talaga bong! kelan ang lethal injection mo? tagal naman @ABSCBNNews
— Mitchaporn (@mitchaporn) March 4, 2019
Yung kailangan mong magpa bibo kahit na kapalit nito ay buhay mo 😂
— mister_pangilinan (@bosstonyboy) March 4, 2019
In an earlier report, Booba also hit Estrada with a similar reproach as the latter shared the same sentiment with Revilla. It should be noted that Revilla, along with former senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada, were all accused of receiving kickbacks from pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim Napoles, in exchange for directing part of their discretionary funds to bogus non-government organizations.
And all these three former lawmakers are seeking a Senate comeback in the May 13 elections, with Enrile and Estrada’s plunder cases still ongoing.
Even Revilla’s wife was not safe from Booba’s witty scrutiny. It may be remembered that when Bacoor City Mayor Lani Mercado filed her candidacy for her second term, Booba tweeted that politics is an effective family business for the Revillas.
Two months ago, the former Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla has been acquitted by the Sandiganbayan from plunder charges in relation to the “Pork Barrel Scam.”
But the two co-accused, Janet Lim-Napoles and lawyer Richard Cambe, according to the decision of the Sandiganbayan Special First Division were guilty.
“For Failure of the prosecution to established beyond reasonable doubt that the accused Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. receive, directly or indirectly, the rebates, commission, and kickbacks from his PDAF, the court cannot hold him liable for the crime of plunder. Accordingly he is acquitted,” the decision penned by Associate justice Geraldine Econg said.
Despite of his acquittal in the plunder case, the Office of the Ombudsman has insisted that the Sandiganbayan should require former Sen. Ramon “Bong Revilla to pay 124.5 million in civil damages to the national treasury. A 17-page motion to the anti-graft court’s First Division, state prosecutors said “that while Revilla was acquitted of plunder, it did not mean he had no civil liability since the crime was executed through his office.”
In response for this motion, his lawyer Estelito Mendoza released a statement to the media stressing that Revilla cannot be held liable as he was acquitted by the court after the failure of the prosecution to establish beyond reasonable doubt that he received commissions from his PDAF.
As led by lawyer Manuel T. Soriano Jr., he explained that “Courts can acquit an accused on reasonable doubt but still order payment of civil damages in the same case,” said the prosecutors.
“As then senator of the Philippines, Revilla should be held accountable to return the amount of money bled out from the coffers of the government by the scheme and scam maneuvered by a public officer under his direct supervision and control,” Revilla was negligent in his duties since he allowed the pork barrel scam “to flourish under his nose,” they added.
In its decision on the plunder case, the Sandiganbayan said the accused were “solidarily and jointly liable to return to the national treasury the amount of P124,500,000.”
It is the word “accused” without any distinction; the prosecutor means that Revilla was included in the order to pay the civil damages.
But still Revilla’s lawyer emphasized that Article 100 of the Revised Penal Code says that “every person criminally liable for a felony is also civilly liable.” Since he is already acquitted that means he should not pay any civil damages.
“Having held that Revilla is not criminally liable, the above paragraph would not have referred to Revilla but only to the accused who have been criminally liable, namely, Richard A. Cambe and Janet Lim Napoles,” Mendoza said.
Former Presidential Communications Operations Officer (PCOO) Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson arrived at the Commission on Elections on Monday, October 15, to file for her her candidacy as the party-list representative of AA Kasosyo.
This happened amid rumors of her running for a Senatorial position in the 2019 midterm elections.
It can be remembered that she resigned from being a Palace official as a sacrifice. In a budget hearing of the Senate finance subcommittee on the proposed budget of PCOO for 2019, she announced her resignation, saying that she’s doing it for the approval of the PCOO’s request for a ₱1 Billion budget in the upcoming year.
She also hinted earlier that she may run as a Senator to serve as a voice for the ordinary people. But at the same time, she never confirmed the exact position she was aiming for.
Uson also stated that the rumors of her getting fired is not real.
Hindi po totoo na ako ay sinibak. Kaya kong patunayan yan. Ito ay obvious na paninira ng kalaban sa pulitika dahil ang akala nila ay tatakbo ako sa 2019. Dahil diyan AKO AY TATAKBO NA dahil mapalad pa nga ako na nakakasagot ako sa blog ko pero paano ang mga ordinaryong Pilipino na walang paraan sumagot sa mga fake news ng ilang media. Bibigyan ko kayo ng boses. Salamat