in ,

Son of 61-year-old man who dies of COVID-19 blames the President, warns the public about hospitals at full-capacity

He used the hashtags #DuterteResign and #DutertePalpak to conclude the thread but ended up defending himself from people who asked why he had to blame President Rodrigo Duterte.

The lack of competence from the Duterte administration is more apparent than ever before. This is the thought of one Angelo Barrera whose father died “in the cold” while waiting to be accommodated at a Metro Manila hospital on March 28.

The consensus today is that the Philippine government has yet to improve its response to the pandemic.

The public couldn’t believe that the country, after over a year since the first COVID-19 case was recorded, has recently been hitting all-time highs in confirmed cases.

On April 4, the Department of Health (DOH) announced that 11,028 cases have been recorded.

Two days prior to the announcement, the country logged 15,310 cases.

In a series of tweets, Barrera revealed that hospitals are so congested that it’s nearly impossible to get admitted.

Angelo finds it hard not to blame the government for his father’s untimely death.

He said medicine is difficult to acquire due to a lack of stocks, and getting treatment at home is just the better option.

His father did get checked out by a doctor in their house after he tested positive for COVID-19 on March 16.

They only rushed him to the hospital on March 27 following clear signs of breathing difficulties.

Unfortunately, every hospital they went to cannot tend to his father because no rooms were available. Also, none of the hospitals refilled his oxygen tank because there wasn’t any left.

They decided to go home but still struggled in looking for nasal oxygen delivery machines that they could borrow.

At around 3 am, Angelo’s father stopped breathing, which prompted the family to bring him to the South Superhighway Medical Center emergency room.

They immediately had to transfer him to the Asian Hospital because the said hospital did not have an ICU.

However, the hospital was full. Barrera’s father ended up on a stretcher [just outside the emergency room] with an oxygen tank assisting his breathing.

An hour passed, his father showed no signs of fighting back the symptoms. Angelo, who was in another city, joined in on a group call with other family members to give their dad some strength.

After nearly an hour of hoping for a recovery, Angelo’s father gave up and lost his life.

His mother and his brother couldn’t believe what had just happened.

His father was just outside the emergency room. It would’ve only taken minutes to get him into the ICU.

He used the hashtags #DuterteResign and #DutertePalpak to conclude the thread but ended up defending himself from people who asked why he had to blame President Rodrigo Duterte.

One Netizen said his family did not blame anyone when his grandmother died of the virus and defended the Administration; reasoned that Duterte must not to be blamed for everything.

Angelo said the Government did not heed the advice of health experts that would’ve made a huge difference in handling the pandemic.

The Philippines has so far reported a total of 646,100 coronavirus recoveries.


Meanwhile, the President has extended ECQ in Metro Manila and some provinces.

Written by JO-EST B. TAN

0917 159 6675

Netizen exposes his father’s pocketing the tip meant for delivery riders

A man becomes popular after ‘Riding-in-Tandem’ snatched his phone while doing Facebook live!