Angel Locsin has proved herself over the last few years with her superb acting skills and on-cam charisma, and more Filipinos nationwide anticipated the actress’s much awaited comeback to primetime drama with the action-packed series ‘The General’s Daughter.’
Angel Locsin’s comeback project after 5 years is all worth the wait. Why? Because majority of TV viewers are watching it, based on the latest data released by the two ratings providers – NUTAM and Kantar Media. ABS-CBN gets TV ratings from Kantar Media while GMA Network rely on data coming from NUTAM.
‘The General’s Daughter’ vs. ‘Sahaya’
NUTAM: On March 18, the newly released ‘Sahaya,’ on its pilot episode, gained a total of 10.2%, having at least 2.4% lesser views than ‘The General’s Daughter,’ which earned 12.6%. On the next day, ‘The General’s Daughter,’ which earned a total percentage of 12.7, has a 2.7% gap over ‘Sahaya,’ which only earned 10.0%. ‘Sahaya,’ on its third day, gained a total of 10.8% viewership versus ‘The General’s Daughter,’ which earned a total of 12.8%, making at least an average of 2 percent gap.
On Thursday, ‘The General’s Daughter’ made a total of 3.0% higher score which gained a percentage of 14.3, while ‘Sahaya’ only gained a total of 11.3%. ‘Sahaya’ capped off its first week with only 11.7% while its rival ‘The General’s Daughter’ hit 13.9%.
Kantar Media: The Kapamilya series instantly scored a high rate of 34%, topping it’s rival series’ pilot episode (March 18) from the other network. ‘Sahaya,’ meanwhile, only got 15.9%. On March 19, domination was still on ABS-CBN’s side when ‘The General’s Daughter’ made total views of 33.4% while ‘Sahaya’ only gained 15.7%, having at least an average difference of 17.7 percent.
On March 20, the Kapuso network still did not get the higher rate as ‘Sahaya’ lost about 17.3%, after it earned a total percentage of 15.4% against ‘The General’s Daughter,’ which gained a total of 32.7%. ABS-CBN even got a higher gap when ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’ gained a total of 34.2% against ‘Sahaya’ which gained a total of 16.1%, having at least an 18.1% higher rate than the latter series on March 21.
Indeed, more Filipino viewers nationwide look forward to Angel’s casting and appearance in every dramatic project that she’s into. She has performed quality and awesome acting skills that made tele-viewers inspired by her innate charisma. Angel Locsin has qualified herself, and proven to the Filipinos, that she is indeed the Primetime Drama-Action Queen.
Angel Locsin joined showbiz in 2002. During her early career years, she made her mark when she took her flight as ‘Darna’ in the GMA Network series. She made her Kapamilya acting debut in the drama series ‘Lobo’ as Lyka Raymundo-Ortega, which aired in 2006. The series won the “Ani ng Dangal Multimedia Award” and the actress was nominated for “Star Award for TV for Best Drama Actress.”
The preparation for the much awaited ABS-CBN series, ‘The General’s Daughter’ has been nonstop as the filming progresses.
Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Kapamilya network just recently signed a memorandum of understanding as a part of the teleserye‘s preparations before it starts.
At the signing, actress Angel Locsin has expressed her thankfulness for the flattering remarks of the ABS-CBN executives and AFP who got the chance to watch a few scenes from the show. She stated that she was happy as they gave their best for the series.
“Siyempre masaya na nagustuhan ng mga bosses natin ‘yung pinaghirapan natin. Lahat naman tayo pag trabaho, binibigay naman natin ‘yung best natin. Pero hindi lang naman din ako ‘yun, kundi ‘yung buong ‘The General’s Daughter’ team talaga.”
She also said that their preparations are not yet over as there still are a lot of things to be done.
“Kasi inaayos pa ang mga permit, pero gumagawa talaga ako ng paraan like kung paano sa firing… kailangan ko rin aralin ‘yung military side, pati ‘yung disiplina din talaga.”
The actress also mentioned about the AFP’s continuous help as they learn about the lives of the Filipino soldiers.
“They’re very helpful, talagang napaka-patient nila sa ‘tin, ang mga nurse corps natin dito sa AFP binigyan talaga nila tayo ng oras kung paano ba nila inaalagaan ang mga sundalo natin na nagsakripisyo. Mayroon kami na parang pinakitaan kami ng totoo, ‘yung realidad para maipakita din namin sa mga audience natin.”
Aside from Angel Locsin, the cast also includes Ryza Cenon, Janice De Belen, Maricel Soriano, and Eula Valdes.
TAGS: ABS-CBN, ABS-CBN's The General's Daughter, Angel Locsin, Angel Locsin The General's Daughter, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Eula Valdez, Janice De Belen, Maricel Soriano, Ryza Cenon, The General's Daughter